CREW COMPOSITION AND FORMATIONS
3. COMPOSITION. The medium tank crew is composed of five members:
4. FORMATIONS. a. Dismounted posts. The crew forms in one rank. The tank commander takes post two yards in front of the right track, facing the front. The gunner, bow gunner, driver, and cannoneer, in order, take posts on the left of the tank commander at close interval.
b. Mounted posts. The crew forms mounted as follows:
(1) Tank commander. In the turret, standing on the floor, or sitting or standing on the rear turret seat.
(2) Gunner. On the gunner's seat, on the right of the gun.
(3) Bow gunner. In the bow gunner's seat.
(4) Driver. In the driver's seat.
(5) Cannoneer. Standing in the turret, or sitting on the cannoneer's seat at the left of the gun.